COMMUNICATION AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
Business Writing Skills
$50.00 (Incl. GST)
Good business writing is essential for all employees, regardless of their position in the organisation. Good business writing saves time and reflects positively on both the writer and organisation's reputation.
This course has been designed to increase the learner’s understanding of what makes for readable, effective and professional business writing. It will look at the principles of good business writing and also at the purpose and structure of common business writing formats.
- Business writing principles;
- Planning for writing;
- Language, tone and readability in business writing;
- Incorporating visuals;
- Checklist for drafting;
- Common business writing formats, including:
- Business letters;
- Publications, leaflets and brochures;
- Procedures and instructions;
- Submission and tender documentation;
- Speeches and presentations;
- Press releases;
- Public notices;
- Website text.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the basic qualities of good business writing;
- Plan their writing;
- Discuss the importance of tone, language and readability;
- Explain the purpose and structure of common business writing formats.