COMMUNICATION AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
Problem Solving - Updated 2018
$60.50 (Incl. GST)
Being a confident problem solver is an important skill for anyone to have as we all encounter problems on a daily basis, some being more complex than others. In the workplace, it is important to implement a good problem solving process to help ensure the implemented solution targets the root cause of the problem and is deemed successful.
This course introduces learners to a five stage problem solving process to assist them in solving problems quickly and effectively, followed up with a robust review of whether the solution was successful in the short, medium and long term.
- Defining the problem and discovering the root cause;
- Generating solutions through brainstorming;
- Comparing and evaluating the solutions to decide on the best course of action;
- Implementing the solution by creating and following a project plan;
- Reviewing the success of the solution in the short, medium and long term.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Outline the five stages in the problem solving process;
- Apply tools to properly define a problem's root cause;
- Collect and record critical information surrounding a problem;
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions to generate solution options;
- Evaluate the suggested options and choose the best solution;
- Create a project plan to assist with the smooth implementation of the solution;
- Evaluate whether the solution was successful and review the process used.