Diversity in the Workplace - Updated 2018
$60.50 (Incl. GST)
The Australian workplace has changed in recent years to reflect the increasing diversity in society. We usually associate diversity with ethnicity and religious differences however; there are other kinds of diversity in the workplace. These include generational diversity, differences in ability, lifestyles and sexual orientation.
This course will provide learners the benefits of workplace diversity as well their responsibilities in maintaining a diverse workplace. It also equips learners with appropriate communication and conflict resolution techniques to ensure that all staff are treated in a fair and respectful way.
- What is workplace diversity?
- Staff and management responsibilities.
- Various types of workplace diversities, including:
- Ethnic and religious diversity.
- Sexual orientation.
- Generational diversity.
- Differences in ability.
- Mental illness.
- Benefits of a diverse workplace.
- Active listening techniques.
- Multicultural teams.
- Managing conflict in relation to diversity.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand what diversity is.
- Explain the benefits and challenges of diversity.
- Identify diverse groups in the workplace.
- Effectively manage conflict situations associated with multicultural teams.
- Apply techniques to promote inclusion in the workplace.