EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Discrimination and EEO for Managers - Updated 2018
$60.50 (Incl. GST)
We live in a diverse society, with people coming from different backgrounds, cultures, religions, abilities and generations. It is therefore important that everyone respects each other and knows their rights and responsibilities in an office environment to treat others fairly and without discrimination.
This course provides an overview of the key responsibilities of managers in respect to preventing discrimination and upholding Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) principles. It will cover expected workplace behaviours, the roles and responsibilities of staff and managers, EEO at all stages of employment, complaint procedures and various strategies for managing EEO complaints.
- EEO legislative framework.
- Principles of EEO.
- Management and staff responsibilities.
- Definition of discrimination and unlawful discrimination.
- At risk EEO groups.
- Providing equal opportunities at all stages of employment.
- Reporting incidents of discrimination.
- Complaint management procedures.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand what EEO and discrimination is in an organisational context.
- Identify which personal attributes are protected by law.
- Understand staff and management responsibilities in relation to EEO.
- Identify the challenges that at risk EEO groups encounter.
- Apply EEO principles to common managerial practices at all stages of employment.
- Understand complaint procedures available to staff.
- Understand and be able to implement various strategies for managing grievances.