ETHICS AND CONDUCT
Conflict of Interest - Updated 2018
$50.00 (Incl. GST)
Conflicts of interest increase the potential for corruption and, if not managed appropriately, can negatively affect the reputation of an employee or organisation.
This course has been designed to increase the learners understanding of what conflicts of interest are and the different types of conflicts of interest. It will also provide them with strategies for managing the conflict of interest to ensure that it does not negatively impact on their professional life or the organisation.
- What is a conflict of interest?
- Pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests.
- Types of conflicts of interests.
- Negative effects of conflicts of interest.
- Identifying conflicts of interest.
- Direct interests.
- Indirect interests.
- Conflict of duty.
- Party to legal proceedings.
- Addressing conflicts of interest.
- Managing conflicts of interest.
- Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Consequences of breaching the Policy.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Define conflicts of interest.
- Identify the different situations in which conflicts of interest arise.
- Understand how to address conflicts of interest.
- Acknowledge the consequences of breaching the organisation's Conflict of Interest Policy.