ETHICS AND CONDUCT
Privacy Awareness - Updated 2018
$50.00 (Incl. GST)
Organisations have a legal responsibility to balance the public interest for free and transparent transfer of information with the protection and appropriate respect of personal information.
This course outlines the legal and ethical responsibilities of both organisations and staff to ensure the privacy of personal or sensitive information.
More specifically, this course aims to give learners a foundation in the responsible collection, use, disclosure, storage and retrieval of information to ensure compliance with privacy legislation, and foster a greater awareness of the issues associated with personal and sensitive information.
- Overview of privacy legislation.
- Definition of ‘personal’ and ‘sensitive’ information.
- Steps that must be taken when collecting personal information.
- Steps that must be taken to ensure the security of any personal information collected.
- The proper use and disclosure of personal information.
- Rules surrounding direct marketing.
- The rights of individuals to access and correct personal information.
- Considerations when transferring personal information across national or international boundaries.
- Privacy breaches.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand what constitutes personal information.
- Identify your legal responsibilities to protect personal information.
- Recognise the issues and obligations surrounding the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information.
- Manage the handling of personal information according to legislation and workplace policy.