Contractor Induction (High Risk)
$50.00 (Incl. GST)
Everyone has the right to a safe and healthy work environment. In order to create a hazard and incident free work environment, everyone must contribute and do their part to help create, maintain and improve the safety of the workplace.
This course targets contractors in high risk workplaces, focusing on their safety obligations and responsibilities. It also provides an outline of the safe work practices associated with high risk construction tasks and how to respond to incidents and injuries.
- Duty of care;
- Contractor responsibilities;
- Hazard and risk management;
- Manual tasks;
- Electrical safety and the Lock Out / Tag Out procedure;
- Working at heights;
- Confined spaces;
- Hazardous chemicals;
- Hot work;
- Driver safety;
- Noise, dust, fumes and odours;
- Using tools and equipment;
- Personal protective equipment;
- Working outdoors;
- Waste management;
- Incident reporting;
- Emergency procedures.
At the completion of this induction, learners should be able to:
- Describe their responsibilities in the workplace, including expected behaviour;
- Understand the risk management process and how to conduct a risk assessment;
- Discuss the various hazards found in the workplace and how to protect themself and others from those hazards;
- React appropriately to emergencies;
- Report workplace incidents.