$50.00 (Incl. GST)
The success of any organisation depends heavily on the effectiveness of its managers. Effective managers must understand the organisation’s priorities and allocate resources accordingly. They play a critical role in influencing how staff behave as they are a key player in the recruitment, retainment and inspiration of the organisation’s employees.
This course provides managers with practical information to support them in their transition into their new managerial and leadership role, and outlines the importance of their new responsibilities and expectations.
- The organisation’s framework and policies;
- Legislation related to staff management and employment terms and conditions;
- The responsibilities of a manager;
- Business issues and risk management;
- Financial management, including procurement;
- Conflicts of interests;
- Managing records;
- Work health and safety responsibilities;
- The recruitment and onboarding process;
- People management and development;
- Leadership and communication;
- Conflict resolution.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the strategic framework of the organisation, including key policies;
- Refer to the legislative framework relevant to managing staff and employment terms and conditions;
- Outline their role and responsibilities as a Manager;
- Summarise the recruitment, selection and induction process;
- Discuss effective leadership, management and communication techniques;
- Explain the conflict resolution process.