LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
Managing Workplace Conflict
$50.00 (Incl. GST)
When conflict arises in the workplace, it can reduce productivity, harm staff relationships and damage morale. Conflict is inevitable in organisational life but if managed effectively, it will not have destructive consequences for an organisation. Effective conflict management is based on a solid understanding of the different ways conflict emerges and can be resolved.
This course has been developed to increase managers' awareness of how conflict emerges and increase their understanding of how to manage conflict to prevent it from negatively affecting staff dynamics.
- What is workplace conflict?
- Types of workplace conflict;
- Stages of conflict;
- Early warning signs of conflict;
- How do people respond to conflict?
- Managing informal complaints;
- Formal grievance procedure;
- Dispute resolution;
- Tips for effective communication;
- Crisis management strategy;
- Workplace conflict and bullying;
- Preventing workplace conflicts.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the nature and causes of conflicts;
- Understand their responsibilities in relation to managing conflicts;
- Explain the different types of conflict;
- Identify the stages of conflict, including the early warning signs of conflict;
- Recognise how people respond to conflict;
- Understand when conflict escalates to bullying;
- Demonstrate how to prevent and manage conflict.