WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY
$50.00 (Incl. GST)
The use of contractors is becoming more prevalent, and effective contractor management processes are required to ensure the adequate selection, safety and use of contractors occurs.
This course targets contractor managers in organisations. It focuses on giving the manager the skills and knowledge necessary to oversee the contractor process from the initial selection to the end of the contracted works process.
- Defining contracted work;
- Contractor Manager responsibilities;
- Contractor and subcontractor responsibilities;
- The contractor management process:
- Contractor selection and assessment;
- Pre job planning;
- Completion of work;
- Inducting contractors;
- Supervising contractors;
- Safe Work Method Statements;
- Work permits;
- Site access;
- Non conformance issues;
- Record keeping.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the workplace responsibilities of a contractor manager;
- Describe the workplace responsibilities of contractors;
- Understand the process for assessing and selecting contractors;
- Describe the contractor pre-planning and induction process;
- Manage the daily work of contractors.