WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY
Incident Investigation - Updated 2018
$60.50 (Incl. GST)
Incidents have the potential to cause serious harm, injury or damage to people, equipment or the environment. However, by investigating why incidents occur, we can minimise the risk of the same or similar incidents from happening again.
This course will provide the learner with the key steps in performing an incident investigation and implementing corrective actions to prevent incidents recurring.
- Accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Types of incidents to be investigated.
- The role of the investigators.
- The incident investigation process.
- Observation and inspection of the incident site.
- Collection of information and evidence.
- The root cause of incidents.
- Contributory causes.
- Sequence of events.
- Incident analysis.
- Corrective actions.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Define accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Explain why incidents should be investigated.
- Determine what incidents should be investigated and the level of investigation required.
- State the responsibilities of workers and managers.
- Determine the level of investigation to apply to incidents.
- Explain the documents and evidence to be collected.
- Determine the corrective actions to implement.