WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY
$50.00 (Incl. GST)
The office is generally considered a safe and low-injury work environment; however, every year thousands of people in Australia are injured while working in the office.
It is essential that all workers receive adequate safety training and are aware of the potential hazards in their workplace. This course will provide learners with an understanding of the issues associated with office safety and will allow them to develop techniques to reduce the risk of incidents and injuries while working in an office.
- Types of office hazards;
- Slips, trips and falls;
- Performing manual tasks;
- Setting up your workstation and chair to minimise ergonomic hazards;
- Using laptops safely;
- Chemical and electrical hazards;
- Inappropriate behaviours such as discrimination, harassment and bullying;
- Reporting procedures for hazards and incidents;
- Emergency response procedures.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Explain their health and safety responsibilities;
- Identify potential hazards in the workplace;
- Control hazards to minimise the risk of injuries and incidents;
- Report hazards and incidents;
- Respond and react appropriately to emergencies.